BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Want to learn about my job?

Well, if no then too bad. :)
Being a nurse is NOT a glamourous job at all. Even the patients make comments about how they don't know how we can do our jobs.
It gets dirty! lol
But, remember I chose to do this, knowing what it involved.
So, I thought I would teach you some nursing lingo, some of the things I do on a daily basis, or interesting things I come across during my shifts at the hospital.

WARNING...some of the things I share may be graphic ;)

So the first thing I have to share with you is a term called Disimpaction. Know what that means??

Removal of feces (poop lol) usually manually, in fecal impaction.

Yup, that is right. I had to do this the other day. See, a dirty job! It involves a double gloved hand (although I just use one finger lol) and some lube ;)

Now, you think it is bad for me, think of the patient!!!
Could you do my job?!

2 comments:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Wonderful, you definately have more guts than me.

Alyson said...

I do NOT do well with poop.
When I was in the hospital with my tumor, it was soooooo humbling to have the nurses do all that stuff for me. It sucked. It made a HUGE difference to have a nurse that cared and did not make me feel stupid.