BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend

I made it through first week, sick and all.
But I ended it with a bang. On thursday they found out they were going to be short staffed on friday, so I stepped up to the plate to help up. I said I would put together a craft activity that night and do it with a group of clients on my own on friday. The rec. therapists were happy. So I put together an activity where they painted clay flower pots and I made some flowers out of foam that would be put in it.
So when I went to work friday morning, my boss and the other boss, did now know what I had done. When they found out they were floored. Said I got major bonus points :)
I ran the craft and it was a HUGE success. I was so happy.
My teacher came to visit me from school, and all they had to say to her was that I was awesome, they were keeping me, and wanting me to switch careers to become a rec. therapist. hehe :)
It was a HUGE accomplishment for me, as I was uncertain about how they felt about me there. It is really busy, and I had to jump in and do things I was not used to, with no help or being taught.
Thank goodness I was able to.
Now I know they think I am an asset and am doing a good job. :)
The first week was rough, but ended well. I think now the next 2 will be ok, as I now have more confidence in what I am doing.

I am still sick, but on the mend. I still sound pretty bad.
And of course now Brandon is sick. He has the bad sinus headaches that I have been suffering from for the past 5 days.
Didnt do much this weekend, as I was drained from my busy week.
It is funny, most of my friends on practicum are doing communication and not much nursing skills. they just spend time talking to clients and doing relaxing activities.
Unlike me, who has hard work.
I am doing client transfers, toileting, peri-care, charting, I even emptied a colostomy bag, and next week I am doing some bathing.
I am getting valuable experience thats for sure. But it is hard work lol.
I was placed here for a reason ;) according to my teacher...lucky me lol
I get a break from homework, but have a care aid job! hehe
I am sure in the long run I will be thankful I did more then hang out :)

Today I am meeting some friends for lunch. And then visitng my friend and her new townhouse she moved into.
Of course cleaning and laundry. Who has the energy for that! hehe

I want to plan a trip across the border maybe next weekend. I found out they opened a gymboree outlet! ahh. I LOVE that store for the kids. It is soooo pricy. BUT now I am in trouble knowing I can get a good deal close to home.
I will have to plan a few trips a year to stock up for the seasons.
I am hoping to go next weekend :)

I am planning my "project" for practicum. I think I am doing it on wednesday. I am doing a cookie program for a group of client. I am going to have cookie samples from around the world, do some fun facts on cookies, and then get them to make sugar cookies and decorate them :)

Well laundry is calling.
Hope you have a good week, and will update soon...I think I have some recent pics too.

Andrea

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are going to have someone to take care of us when we get old

Dad Hunsicker