BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

waaaa sick!

Yes it started my first day of practicum. And has got worse. It is a cold/allergies/sinus issues. I feel soooo bad. I made it through today, thank goodness for advil sinus. I am hoping it does not last long. It is so hard to do anything when you feel this way :(

So I know now I do not want to be a community nurse. The setting is just not for me. I worked in a group home, and it is similar to that.
It was not what I expected either. I was literally thrown right into it.
I was under the impression I was going to be taught things and monitored.
Nope.
I am doing the care aide job.
My first day I was doing transfers and toileting!
Today I do more...and got to encounter a colostomy. All I have to say is thank goodness my nose was plugged. the smell is unreal LOL.

Most of the people (30 or so a day) are old and have short term memory loss and alzheimers. It is very hard to work with them. You need to treat them like a child and specifically tell them what to do. !

it is very overwhelming for me.

the experience i am sure will be rewarding, but it is tough lol. it is hard cause i dont know the needs of the clients like they do.

i just hope i feel better!

0 comments: