BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 2

Well today was a better day.....but still overwhelming.
I shadowing a care aide today and assisted her in her duties. This involoved personal care and transfering...and some other skills.
I jumped right in and helped where I could. I felt awesome about how much I did today. I even got a person bathed on my own :)
We were told we had 2 days to shadow and learn. We didnt need to jump in until we were comfortable. I just decided to start right away.
At the end of the shift "apparently" a couple of the care aides told our instructors some of us were looking disinterested and not doing much...I better not be one they were talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
She wouldnt tell us, she just addressed us generally. BUT it totally deflated me..thinking what if....grrrr.
Apparently women are gossipy and if one says something they all say it.
I am just annoyed.
After I thought I had a killer day....ah well.
our instructor thinkgs we are doing great and told us to take it with a grain of salt...but still. it is not fair for me.

Ok enough of that haha.
I think in the long run this will be such a great experience. After what I did today it will be amazing to see myself in 6 weeks :)

And for term 3 marks, I picked them up today. All but one (but I know its around the same as its the easy class)
94%, 95% and 95%. yippee!!!!!
I am truely amazed. I did not think I was as strong this semester, but I was wrong.
I am proud!

0 comments: