BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 30, 2007

First Day

And I am overwhelmed. Boy!
It was a lot of information in one day. It feels like we are just being thrown into it....Already tomorrow we are shadowing a care aide to see how they do things...and as she said be prepared to get our hands dirty.
We start off with one client week 1 and by week 3 will move to 2 if ready...that is total care.
It is extended care, so all older adults with many problems.
I am still very nervous.
I know it will just take some getting used to, and practice....its just intimidating right now.

The kids had to get up at 6 to go to the babysitters. Poor Arianna said she was tired and didnt want to get out of bed. thank goodness its only 6 times total where they have to go that early! Other times it works out that brandon will drop them off.
I still think we need to invest in car seats for his car too!

I am happy that it is only 4 day weeks...its gonna be work.
I get a long weekend coming up fri-mon. yay 3 day week lol.

This practicum involves journals, care plans and research on each client (3 total) sigh....my nights will not be free lol.

Please think of me, and wish my luck. starting tomorrow I am a real nurse at langley hospital!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your first day!!! I had fun at the daycare. So many nice people, and some of the clients were talking about you when they saw me. They asked how long I was there for, then started talking with Joanna about the last girl and how much they liked her. Hehe. They said that you baked for them all the time, so I have some pretty big shoes to fill... Which sucks, because I'm just not a baker. They'll just have to makedo with the odd bag of chips or something. Lol.

Good luck with the rest of your practicum!!!

Andrea said...

thanks!! I am glad you liked them! Tell them I say hello OK. I may pop in one friday once I am in the swing of things :)
Oh yes, they loved me haha.
I am sure you will find your own way to shine. :)
Have fun!!!!!