BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nanny

We intereviewed our possible nanny yesterday. Her name is Rose.
The kids loved her. Right away James took her hand to cross the street to the van.
She is older (40) is not married (has a bf in san diego) and no kids.
She was the youngest of 8 children and has 24 nieces and nephews...she was the caregiver to them :)
She has been here (from phillipines) for a year now.
Her english is perfect and she is very open minded. She is not shy and jokes around alot.
She got right into playing with the kids, it was nice to see.
Arianna said she wanted her to sleep in the room beside her. They understand what a nanny is and are happy about it.
I think she will fit in great here.
I think we will hire her.

I guess the only thing that makes me nervous is having someone get used to our routine or not be happy with it...kwim?
I want her to do what she wants with the kids too....but she did seem a bit set in what she liked to do (for example no tv in the mornings...where that is the only time my kids like TV....)
So I think these are things that will need to be discussed...
I also fear she may not like the way I do things....lol
I know silly me....
I also may not work full time, so may be here when she is on duty, and I think she was a little uncomfortable with that because then the kids may not listen to her.....
I think I need to specify if I am here...they are hers....lol and I want to spend the time studying if I am not working.
She will be here a week before I start working to get used to our routine. It will be a little challenging...just getting used to it.
So now we rush to get her room done. I think March 3 will be here first day....
Its a rainy day here, so time to get to the ripping of wallpaper....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom Hunsicker says;

I believe that the nanny is working for you, not the other way around. She is the one that will need to fit in with your routine

Remember, you are the parents.