BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 04, 2008

It's hard

The one thing about nursing that I hate, is that sometimes you are faced with death and dying. Once again, a patient of mine passed away. She was 93, and not well. I was with her just before it happened...and saw her getting close. I waited with her until her family was back. I could not help but cry. Her daughter came in and I hugged her. I cannot imagine the feeling of losing your mother. Terrifies me to think about...at any age it would be terrible.
I did not sleep much that night. I kept seeing the images in my mind. I pray for her family in their time of grief.

I only have 3 days left! I cannot believe how fast this time went. I still love it.
I am working on my resume, need it done for wednesday. They want me to bring it in. Wouldnt that be awesome if they hired me, and I knew I had something to go to when I officially get my interm license in a couple weeks. I would love that! So we will see :)

Surgical may or may not go full scope...but it is an awesome place to keep your skills up. Which I love! I think I did like 7 catheters! hehe
If they dont, thats ok, I plan on working somewhere that is. Orthopedics across the hall is for sure starting in a couple weeks, so I can be orientated over there.
I also think I will apply at delta. They use LPNs in the ER...once you have some experience. Both hospitals are close enough to home, and I am sure will offer different experiences.

We are still without babysitting and are really considering a live in nanny. It would cost us only slightly more then what we have been paying...and I would be getting cooking and cleaning out of it lol.
I guess all the guys at work have nannies..its the thing to do :) so we will see.

My grad ceremonies are march 14th. cap and gown and all :) I am excited!!
well back to my resume!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you are almost done. It has gone by really quickly. A live in nanny would be great especially with the cooking and cleaning. I hope that you find the job you want and have a great grad. Tracy

Alyson said...

I love that you are so emotional and connected to your patients. That is one of many why nursing is for you. I hope you never lose that. I am so happy for you.
I wish you were closer...I would take your kids any day.