BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 07, 2008

JOB AND VALEDICTORIAN...and nominations...

I have had a GREAT 2 days. Yesterday, I was hired by the manager of my unit. So as soon as I got my license feb 22, I will be getting orientations. I will be working surgical and orthopedics as a casual right now....8 and 12 hr shifts, and I only have to work 4 a month to stay current....

And number 2, I got a call from the student administrator, my friend christine, telling my if I accept, the school has chosen me to be valedictorian. This means on March 14th at my grad ceremony I will be the one making the speech. They only choose one!! I speak on behalf of the students graduating from different programs. So a general speech...
And in front of hundreds LOL...eeek
I am so honored :)

Oh the other part of this phone call was that I have also been nomintated by 3 different people for student of the year! I wont find out until summer, but I am happy just to have been acknowledged :) YAY!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me...winning would be the cherry on top! hehe

3 comments:

Alyson said...

oh Andrea, I just teared up with happy thoughts for you. What an accomplishment....now for baby number 3 ;)

cathy said...

Wow Andrea! You are amazing! Congratulations and enjoy every minute.

Yes, when is number 3 arriving lol!! I am sure you could manage ;D

Unknown said...

Congratulations Andrea!!!

That's so awesome!!! I'm so happy that you've gotten hired already, and valedictorian!!!

I'm gonna write a nice long note about our horrible practicum on facebook. It's really not going well. One girl already walked out 2 hours into the shift, 2 girls have cried, the instructor has left me in situations where I could get kicked out of school... I'm feeling really crappy about our placement right now. :(
*sigh*