BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Update

Its been awhile! The move has taken a lot out if us!!
We are settling in nice though. The kids love it! They are sharing a room, and have been wonderful. They go right to bed....we are shocked haha.
I am back in school for 3 days. Just covering some subjects we did not go into a lot of detail with, that will be on the exam.
I am going to Surrey Memorial Hospital for my preceptorship. It is about 15 mins away from here. Cant beat that!!!
Not sure what my shifts are, BUT rumor has it that it will be 4 12 hour shifts on and 4 days off. Yikes, not to mention could be days and nights (7pm-7am) It should be an interesting 5 weeks. I should find out by tomorrow sometime. But I do start next week, and go 5 weeks.
I am SUPER nervous.
I am placed with a float nurse. meaning she works in 2 areas. One is orthopedics and one medical. So one with be post op. ward and the other one is acute one. This is going to be more of a challenge for me. I was told it is suited for a strong student who needs to be up for the challenge. YIKES. I need to get some confidence fast. I did not have such a great time on my last clinical, so my confidence is shaken.
My experience will be different then others. They are all on one unit...and need to get to know one....
I need to know 2 floors!! maybe more then one unit. ACK.
So yes, this is why I am super nervous. I PRAY I get a good teacher! lol
Please pray for me....I really need to step it up and believe in myself!!

2 comments:

cathy said...

Best of luck to you in the next 5 weeks! I am sure you are up for the task.

Anonymous said...

You can do it. Just don't think about it too much. It will just happen

Daddy's Daddy