BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Still no one...

I still have not solved our babysitting dilemma. So for monday I have no one....
I have NO idea what we will do.
This really sucks. What a time for these problems...just as I am about to finish up!! grrrr
We will see if we can find a miracle in the next couple of days......

On a positive note I LOVE my surgery unit! The staff is sooooo great. I feel so confident and part of the team.
The experience so far is awesome. It is a unit all about doing skills...and I love it! Skills like catheters, wound changes, staple and suture removal, ostomy care, tube feedings, specimen collection and many more!
I will be a pro by the time this is over. :)
I got so much positive feedback today from my preceptor. After day 2 of working on my own, I have impressed her. She says she has no concerns with me, she thinks I am great at what I do, and that I am really confident and know my stuff. That was awesome to hear.
Then she introduced me to Donna, who does hiring ;)
well, Donna told me that she wants me to come see her BEFORE I am done there and bring my resume :)
Julietta will be my reference, and a good one at that!
This gives me a real in! I have the experience and knowledge of the unit, with a reference who has seen me work there.....
Apparently nurses talk....and know a confident, capable student when they see one.
I have been asked to do skills by other RNs. I just thought, my goodness they just expect I know everything and can do it lol...well according to Julietta (my preceptor) they can see I am confident....oh and I am sure Julietta talks about me haha
Julietta also informed me that she was told I was "top of me class" so I would be a "easy" student to have.
She was asked last minute to take me, as my previous one switched units. She was unsure, as she had a lot going on at home...but I guess Nishi (my monitor and instructor) said some pretty great things about me to the clinical nurse educator Linda, that Julietta agreed haha.

So once again, it was a fabulous day for me.
I am loving being a nurse.
I am seeing some amazing results from surgerys
I am seeing some sad situations, but am helping make things just a bit better for that patient
I am learning about all the amazing surgerys
I am seeing different wounds and drains....
(I am sure some of you dont find this interesting or are feeling nauseated lol)
This is my passion. I love it.
I am meant to be a nurse.
And I think I want to work in the surgery unit :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you're enjoying your preceptorship! I just found out today that my 3rd semester clinical is at VGH. I'm soooooooooo glad that they're not sending any of us to St. Paul's!

I really hope that you were able to figure out something for your daycare.

Alyson said...

oh I just love the new pic!!! so pretty and professional. I'm so happy for you. sorry I can't babysit.