BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Getting Close

The school part is officially over. I still cannot believe I do not have to do any more homework or study...well not studying until I start getting ready for licensing exam...and its a big one. 6 hours I think....

Anyways, its an amazing feeling. I am so amazed at what I accomplished so far over the last 9 months.
I created great bonds with students and instructors and am going to miss them a lot.
It is great timing to be done, considering our house is up for sale. Yup, we are going to move.
We found a house in the area I have dreamed of living but didnt think we could afford it....but a house came on the market that was in our price range...and was perfect.

Granted, it needs some cosmetic updates, unless you are a fan of wallpaper? hehe
But with some paint and new light fixtures it will be perfect.
The yard is really big and private...huge trees in the back.
It has a hot tub and sauna...want to come for a dip?

I could rave on about it and the neighbourhood, but the deal is not done yet. Our offer was accepted, but now we need to sell our house first. We have 60 days.
SO CROSS YOUR FINGERS.

I spent 7 hours straight cleaning this place. It is house-showing ready :)
It kinda echos when its this clean haha
Now to keep it clean...haha
I am off 4 days a week now, so that is wonderful.

I start on thursday this week my clinical in acute care.
I am not really sure how this will go. On one aspect I have been told I will see some interesting things.
BUT LPNs at this hospital are only starting to be full-scope. Meaning right now some units they do not do medications.
And I am going to one of these units.
We are the last LPN group going there until all the changes are done.
But, an LPN job is 70% meds. you give them every 2-3 hours to many clients. It take up alot of your time.
So take that away from us, and what are WE going to do??
the other groups will be doing meds.
I know once you do meds, its all the same really. I guess I will miss injections :) hehe
I guess I am just nervous I wont be as prepared for preceptorship.
I am just nervous overall, as I dont feel ready to be a nurse...and in just a few short months I am done all together.....eeeek

Thats all thats new from here! It is nice to be home with my babies again.
Speaking of babies, my friend Cathy has welcomed her 6th child yesterday!
She welcomed another beautiful girl, this makes number 5! And one boy.
Welcome to little Courtney! I hope to meet her sometime.
Gives me the baby itch ;) hehe

Andrea

1 comments:

cathy said...

Hi Andrea! Wow, you are in the home stretch eh! And cool about your place. That is exciting.

Best of luck, and I hope it all works out!