BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 2

My throat is killing me still.
I made it through another shift. And I am super tired.
there is NO way at this stage in the game, that I could work 12 hr shifts.
We have been getting off early.
We really have nothing to do by the afternoon.
We got jipped on the location as we are not allowed to do meds. That is half our job at other hospitals. So we really have nothing to do!
It kinda bothers me, as I am not getting 100% off the experience I should.
I am worried for preceptorship when I have to manage my time with meds! I really hope I have a good nursing staff to work with.
The nuring staff at st pauls is great...so friendly and helpful.
Our instructor is nice....but very relaxed. I hope she teaches more.
I am interested to see how the next couple weeks go. I am going to take all opportunity I can to seek out learning.
Today I got to flush my first G-tube (tube into stomach) and administer 02. Vitals are routine every day.
Showing on our house tomorrow...lets cross our fingers they buy it haha

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That really sucks that you don't get to do meds!!! I enjoy that part of my practicum right now. I did my first few injections the other week, and they're not as bad as I thought. I totally freaked out the first time, and apparently, one of the girls in our class already stuck herself with a needle. :S

So what do you get to do if you don't do meds?

Good luck with the rest of your clinical, and with selling your house!!!

Anonymous said...

How did the showing go? Tracy