BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day one

Today I had my orientation at the acute care ward at St Pauls.
It was eye opening. It is in the downtown core of vancouver and has its share of interesting people.
I am very overwhelmed and still nervous about the days to come.
Am I really ready for this?
I got my first patient assignment, and as of saturday he is my responsibility.
Tomorrow I have one day of shadowing.
He is 98. Wow.
I will keep you posted on any nursing skills and things I get to do for real...no more dummies in the lab.
My instructor is super. I think she will be a great teacher...and super nice to let us off early some days...(like the day before my birthday! hehe) Dec 1 is a saturday so I can maybe see my friends...And on my birthday its the Spice Girls...yahoo.

The commute downtown is not as bad as I thought. It takes me an hour and a half total. Some days I will be home in time to see the kiddies right before bed.

Oh of course, one day at the hospital and I am getting a cold. My throat is killing me. I will need to wear a mask with my resident if I get worse.
I already have to wear a gown and gloves all the time...so I may as well get fully decked out lol.
I bought some cold effects and vitamin C and am battling this cold as we speak! hehe

Time to go and attempt to eat...all I had was a small coffee and soup all day.
I think this clinical is going to be a diet haha...not to mention I have to walk uphill from the sky train station lol
Cant say I will be complaining ;)

0 comments: