BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 3

Still sick...and tired lol
But today was a bit better. I realized yes, I will not be getting the exact experience I should, but the times where meds are being given are the times where I may get to do extra skills.
Besides that I am really not enjoying the experience. It is so sad.
I am going to give it another week, and then talk to the school. First weeks are always hard.
I am going to move up to 2 patients.
My next one is going to challenge me. He has ALS, non verbal, requires tube feedings 3 times a day with water flushing before and after, turning every 3 hrs as he is getting a pressure ulcer, suctioning in the mouth, Has an IV and O2, vitals 3 times a day...
it is going to be hard, and I am nervous.
I feel like my instructor is expecting us to know everything. She does not spend as much time teaching. I feel lost. And then she criticizes us for things, when she isnt even there to help or teach us....or doesnt even know what we have or have not done.
It is reall frustrating
I am sick, so things are probably bothering me more then usual.
I am just disappointed.

Marie, with no meds we have more time for skills. (we pick up tasks from other RNs like wound changes, blood sugars etc.) But it still sucks.
If any other your classmates for to mount st josephs or st pauls they will have the same. (I dont think anyone is going to st pauls though)

Well, enough of that, I have 4 days of to recharge.

First showing today...first offer coming in a 9am tomorrow!! haha
BUT they want the house asap.
Can we really move in 2 weeks???
I dont know.....
I have babysitting set up until Dec 21, so I dont really want to mess with that as she is right near me here....kinda out of the way....hmmm I dunno.
It better be a good offer. will update tomorrow!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that your clinical isn't all that you thought it might be. I have 2 more days left of our 2nd clinical, and I'll be glad when it's over. I've gotten to do quite a bit, but it's frustrating having to do all the care aide work AND try and fit in the meds. I have gotten to do some SC injections, blood sugars, vitals and tomorrow Joanna and I are going to help with some wound care. The wounds here are pretty minimal.

One of my residents got super mad at me today and called me a moron, an idiot and told me that she doesn't know why I'm going into nursing as I have no skills whatsoever, then she said that she was going to tell the staff that I was swearing at her. I just had to walk away. COPD is irritating. lol. Our instructor decided that she doesn't want us dealing with her anymore as she's very bitter and she made one of the other students cry too! What a hag!

Hope that you get a lot of rest this weekend, and that things improve for you next week!!!