BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Yahoo!

I successfully put in my first catheter today...and it was on a female.
Now, if you are familiar with the male and female anatomy, you can imaging how difficult it is to put in a females...lol
My first try ever in extended care I failed....well just because the catheter size was too big, and even the RN couldnt get it.
This time I was well prepared. I did put it in the wrong spot first try ;)....but that is why you bring 2 to the bed...hehe
So second time I made it!!!
I am soooo happy and proud. It is not an easy task. Now I can feel more confident to do it again, after succeeding once.
I saw my classmate do a male...its rather easy ;)
I have only 2 more days there...I am happy for the reason I am getting tired of the same old as we are not full scope, but I scared that this means I am sloe to the end and preceptorship.
I have 4 days off...time to get all the presents wrapped...and pack some more.
Brandon has been awesome doing so much when he was home and I was working.

Hope you are having a good weekend :)

1 comments:

Alyson said...

I remember catheters. you are right...they are hard!! Before I did one I did not realize that we pee THERE!! I thought it was lower:)oops