BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 09, 2007

End on a postive

I made it through week three, and things have really gotten better. I finally had a day where I felt total comfort and confidence in what I was doing.
It may have to do with the fact that I am constantly bugging my instructor to teach and explain things :) She even says she doesnt think she is the boss! haha
Anything for my education!!!

I also had my midterm evaluation with her. And I am very proud to say that I got all EXCEEDS standards :) I guess she can really see my hard work and dedication to the profession. I am really proud of the challenges I have overcome.

I still feel this clinical site is less than ideal, but I really have tried to make the best of it. I am still faced with the challenge of bitchy nurses who think students are idiots. There seems to be one every shift that just tries to bring you down. I had on incident first thing in the morning when I misunderstood what she had told me about doing the patients vital signs. She did her best to let me know I was wrong...and stupid. The funny thing is in the long run she NEEDED them done...so was trying to be super nice to me after lol...and you know what, in the long run is it really bad to check someones vital signs and extra time?? I mean, there is no harm. Its not like I am stickin in a catheter LOL.

2 more weeks left there....wow. Then its almost time for my last learning. My preceptorship. Things are going waaaaayyyyy to fast! eeeek.

Today, it is snowing. Just some light stuff, not supposed to last, but it sure does look pretty. I am going to stop by with the kiddies and visit my mom. She had her surgery, but is doing good. Then we are going to watch pats hockey game and go to the new house. We want to get some measurements..and I want to get some paint ideas and count how many light fixtures I need to replace haha. My brother and his wife are coming for dinner and some games (Wii) so it should be a good night. Will chill a bottle of thier wedding wine I have stashed away.

Time to feed the kids and get dressed. Been a lazy morning. Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments: