BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 22, 2007

This is what I am meant to do.

And it was verified to me today.
I am not allowed to share much, due to confidentiality, but I can share some things.
I was called out of class by my teached and the first aid insrtuctor/firefighter/paremedic (yes he is them all)...at first I was scared, thinking I was in trouble..haha...
It turns out, at girl in another class was not doing well, and they wanted to someone to help out.
I stayed with her for an hour, I was able to help her our medically and emotionally.
She confided in me and together we were able to figure out a cause and plan.
I was commended my instructors and the paramedic. He is even going to write a letter for me for my portfolio, as he was impressed. :)
When I left for the day, I almost cried. It was my first one on one (no clincal intructors or other nurses) to use my nursing skills. And I was trusted to do it.
I helped someone.
I made a difference.
This is what I am meant to do.
I will be a great nurse.
I can improve a situation for someone
I can be a mentor
I can listen
And I can be trusted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Andrea, that is awesome! Congratulations!!! I have no doubt in my mind that you will make an amazing nurse!!! It's really neat that they asked you to help out! You definitely deserve to win the student of the year award! And I hope that you do!!!

Alyson said...

the world can certainly become a better place one person at a time ;)