BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another week

I cannot believe how fast my final semester has gone! Its kinda scary.
When I sit here and think about it, I am scared to be a nurse. I dont feel ready. I hope this next clinical gives me a good experience to prepare me.
As soon as I am done that, I have a couple week break then its right into my preceptorship. With that you are paired with an LPN, you start out watching them for a day, then take over 1 resident, then by the end you have their full load. So its all on you.
Does that not sound scary lol.
I am sure it works, cause this is how they all do it, it is just intimidating to think about now!!

First I have to get through my final case studies!!! I hate them.
Mine is on friday at 2pm. I get thursday off to practice. But I am also going to get my xray done that day.
If I can get through this week I will feel better. The rest I can handle lol.

I am going to St Pauls http://www.providencehealthcare.org/about_hr_stpauls_about.html
for my acute clinical. There is only 4 of us going! the other groups have 7. It will be nice to have a small group. This hospital is so well known for the education value, which you can read about if you go to the link there.
I am super excited. I hear they have an auditorium to watch surgerys!
All the hospitals were in Vancouver, so either way I was going. I am glad I got the teaching hospital now!
It is 3 days a week (thurs fri sat) from 730am to 730 pm. And only 14 days total..but those days I wont really see the kids :(
I think I have decided that when I look for work, 12 hr shifts will NOT be at the top of my list. there is hospitals that do 8 hrs (like langley) so , I will apply to those first. We all will be casual first at a couple places (but working as much as we want, as we all know there is a nursing shortage)
So I think I will apply at langley for sure...8 hrs :)

I have my exam prep guide already, and from what I read I am well on my way...have a decent knowledge base. I will be writing in May 2008.

Well besides work today, the kids have a birthday party at the little gym. It will be fun for them :)
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

cute halloween costumes...
did you get all that awful bank stuff figured out?

Don't worry about the not feeling ready part....nursing is mostly about a caring heart(which you have), brains(which you have) common sense(which you have) and experience..which will come with time. :)
you'll be fine

Andrea said...

nope not yet....grrr
things will work out.

I had a great experience today....