BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

update- I know its been a long time

I think the 6 weeks in extended care really took a toll on me! I didnt want to do anything after work but lay around :)
It was overall a great experience. Some highlights were: injections, suctioning of a trach., attempt at catheterization (thats a story in itself...and NO it was not my fault it wouldnt go in haha)
I loved the residents, and enjoyed extended care more then I thought.
There was some drama with students, which sucked. It is so immature at times. I will be glad to be graduated so I can try and avoid that!! That is why being casual is a good thing ;) you can avoid the gossip!!
I have the next 2 weeks off. It is a nice break. This week is almost like my summer vacation...been doing some fun things! We hit the beach, the USA, and are going to whistler for the night tomorrow. I cant wait.
Brandons mom is here. We have had fun going places. The kids love having her here too. She spoils us :)

I am on the verge of getting a cold. yuck. I am trying to fight it off. James also has it...he sure get sick a lot.
James got a new bed (early bday present) It is so nice! he loves it, it has a slide on it haha. He is up in his room a lot now. He is getting so big!! And you can see how small her looks in the bed. But, it was time he got a new one as he was falling out of the other one all the time hehe.

I am getting ready for my third and final semester. I cant believe it! It is going to be a tough one as its surgery, maternity (yay cant wait! ) and pediatrics. I am in school for around 8 weeks and then its back on the job again in acute.
time is going by so fast!!
I need to get this school done, work some, pay some debt so I can have another baby lol...yup have the itch. It happened once James was potty trained.
thats ok I can wait. too much going on now I am easily distracted.

Well not much else new...sorry it took me so long (grandpa H had to call to remind me to update with pics)
I will post more now that clinical is over.

I will have some whistler pics this weekend

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Thanks for the updates...love the new bed!!

Did the kids open their b-day presents yet? sorry about that. I normally would pick something better and educational but my girls begged me to pick them out. I let them. Hopefully B won't be mad at me for James :)

Alsyon

Andrea said...

yes they did! thanks they both liked them :)