BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The word of the day...

Warning this is not a pretty word ;)

C. difficile, or Clostridium difficile, is a kind of bacteria that upsets the normal balance of healthy bacteria in the digestive system, causing diarrhea. It often affects people who have been taking antibiotics, especially "broad spectrum" ones that kill a wide variety of bacteria.

We have way too much of this at the hospital. As soon as we know a patient has it, they are put on isolation...where we have to gown and glove if we will come in contact with them.
It is very contagious!!

The amount these people go number 2 is insane! And its uncontrollable....
I would go into the details on what its like, but just hope if you stay in the hospital you never get it lol.
I am tired of the smell. Tired of the clean up! lol

It is something people get AFTER then come into the hospital. How sad is that.
those darn antibiotics are good to heal one thing...but cause this!!

if you want to read more on it, google it :D



On another note, the weather here is more spring like. It is so nice. I think I am done with winter if its not going to snow!
The kids are starting to go and play in the backyard, I cannot wait for the summer when we kick them out all day :D

I am been feeling a bit off the last few days. I think its a tummy bug. I am lucky to eat one meal a day....
I am sure I have lost a few pounds. Not the good way, but oh well.
Bootcamp starts again for me monday.
I am really looking forward to finishing off these last few pds.
Brandon is on vacation for a couple weeks. Not me, I think I work 9 of those days. Ah well. He will be busy renovating the house anyways.

1 comments:

Alyson said...

Poop...yuck. I can barely handle my own kids!!