BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Workin Mama

I have done two shifts this week, and another one tonight. I have to admit my first day I did feel a bit rusty, but it is all coming back to me :) I am loving being back at the hospital, and I still love the surgical unit. I see so many cool things...well cool to me, Brandon seems to get grossed out when I tell him hehe.

I have some other good news, I got another job. I had an interiew on wednesday, and was offered the job friday when my references came back. I already knew after the interview that I had the job.
It is is a 25 bed mental health facility. It is a nice and small facility compared to the hospital. I was a little nervous at first, not sure if I would like mental health. But, after the interview and hearing about the job, I thought I would like to give it a try.
I am starting as casual. but may take a temporary part or full time line...we will see.
My job their would be me in charge, and I would have 2 care aides working with me. I would do medications and they would do care. She told me it was a pretty relaxed job, as the residents are independant. AND meals are provided! the staff has meals together as they have a full time cook. Now, all these perks could I really say no?? lol
So I will start next week some time with the paper work and orientation.
I think it is a great experience to have. It is not often you find LPN/RN in mental health as usually it is physch nurses. This will be great to add to my experiences...I will have various specialties under my belt!
In a couple years, I still want to go back and teach. Again, working in mental health is a great asset. :)
I will be casual at 2 different places, so I will get enough work I think. I may as well work as much as I can while having a full time nanny.

The kids and I are going to a birthday party this afternoon. I have to leave early as I work at 330. But it will be nice to get out.
Thats my weekend update. busy times for us!!

2 comments:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Awesome ! I am so proud of you !

Anonymous said...

Been watching your progress.
Proud of both of you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Spring.

Texas Dad