BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Exhausted!

Its been a crazy couple weeks! I have been working almost every day.
I started at the new job as a casual. It is the 25 bed mental health facility. I have to say I was really nervous my first 2 days, but today I had my 3rd day and I am starting to get the hang of it.
It can be intimidating at times, but overall I think this job is going to teach me a lot.
When I work, I am in charge. I hold the keys and do the meds....and if something bad should happen, I am who they come to! EEEEK
This is what makes me nervous, but what a great opportunity. This will help me gain confidence in my practice. I love the staff, and love more that meals are provided :)
I just for off working 17 of the last 24 hours. I had to do this last week and it just about killed me.
And now I am paying for it. My throat is sore! I am working thursday and saturday too. I hope I am not too sick!!

At surgical the other night, I was involved in my first emergency. A patient starting to bleed out. It was crazy for a few hours and I missed my break. I noticed for sure my confidence is lacking....I am not surprised at all...I know with experience that comes. But, I got a lot of thank yous for what I did do....

So work is going great. I have lots of it :) I already have 7 shifts in May and 14 in June prebooked...I need to make time to study too!!

The kids are doing great. They make weekly trips to visit their new friends with Rose. It is so nice. I really want to keep rose for two years so she can get her landed status. BUT I do want another baby...so we will need to see if we can somehow make it work. It has been a real blessing being able to work, and not come home and clean house lol.
I love coming home and cuddling on the couch with my babies!!!

Well that is about it from here :)

0 comments: