BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good News

I got hired at Delta hospital!
I am starting in September. I am going to still work on orthopedics at Surrey.
Delta I will be working on a medical (acute) floor. I am nervous and excited to start something new. But I feel I was not learning much more on the surgical unit and since they were getting rid of LPNS it was good timing to find something new.
I will start with 8 -12 hr shifts with a buddy. ewww to so much work haha.
They asked if I wanted to apply for a full time line...but I dont think I want to. I would prefer something part time, so I can still work at surrey. I am hoping something will come up soon.
It would benefit me greatly to have a part time line for when I am on maternity leave. :) better pay!

We are getting Arianna ready for school. I am emotional about it lol. She will be in the afternoon class. 12-230. Its a good time for her, as she seems to get restless and needs something to do :)
She has her new tinkerbell backpack and lunch bag. I will let her pick out a new outfit too sometime soon. She is so ready. It will be great for her to make some friends that are her age and live around her :) My life as a school mom has begun. Makes me feel a bit old....lol

Been enjoying the HOT weather we have been having. Spent a day at the beach with the kids and visiting water parks. It is nice to have such sunny weather towards the end of summer :)

I am preparing for my first teaching experience. Next week I am teaching the Exam prep class. I am excited...and nervous. lol
But I really want to help others pass the LPN exam. My colleges pass rate has not been too great the last 2 writing sessions. So I am gathering what I can to help and remembering what I can from the exam to share.

thats about all from here...
enjoy your last couple weeks of summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your new job and Brandon's check out.
Thanks for the pictures.
Dad Hunsicker

Alyson said...

nice hair...kids are so cute...I can NOT bend like that!....and congrats on the new job.
OH...and I love the fact that in BC kids start school at 5yrs and only have days...here kids are starting at 3/4 yrs and full days!!!!